Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Flannels" for 60 dollers?

Weather:
Mood:
Music:Overblown- Mudhoney

The Past two days I have been home sick. When I get sick I don't get so sick that i can't walk or anything. Therefor I am catching up on my 90s project, which is going quite well. With the 90s on my mind I have been listening to some grunge music thats not Nirvana. Thats quite new to me. I never tryed it before due to the fact that people said "other grunge is just screaming, Nirvana has talent". I found that to be quite untrue. Screamo is just screaming, I don't get that genre. Oh look "wake me up when september ends" has just came on Nirvanas similer artists radio on last.fm. Thats a bit odd.

Anyways this weekend my dad dragged me into sears and I found a flannel for 10 bucks in the mens department. So I bought it and wore it with my Nirvana shirt and old converses to a family party to see if my Grandmother would cry. She didn't notice. The next day I was at forever 21 buying earrings and I saw "flannels" for like 60 bucks. Apperantly "flannel" is in again. See I don't like trends, but I really don't like trends if it's something I did first or that was something I was fond of (ex. hating the goverment,listening to music that has never been on the charts,). So now it's like all these kids my age are running around going "OMgZz ThIS FLAnNeL tHiNg WOulD lOoK sO HaWt wItH mY NeWz AbErCrOMbe JeaNs!!111". Meanwhile i'm there with my 10 doller flannel from the mens department and i'm thinking "fuck you, I have a real flannel"

Basicly what i'm trying to say is.
A. can't the trend followers just stick with there little abercrombie cloths instead of ruining all that is good?
B. Why pay 60 bucks for something thats supposed to be cheap
and
C. Why is the fashion industry full of tools?

No comments: