Monday, November 3, 2008

I used up your compassion,So I've come to make a trade,You can hate me but just love me in return.

I learned alot this weekend

1.If you see a concert on Halloween people do dress up

2.Real councerts involve drunk people, even if it's not hard/druggy rock

3.There is a dissapointing lack of diversity in holloween candys people give out.

4.My aunt gets really, really, mad with any talk of politics, even saying stuff like "I support Obama". Apperantly it's "not fair to the little ones." You know whats not fair to the little ones? not exsplaining and censoring everything that goes on in the world only to have them confused when they grow up.

5.Conor Oberst looks nice in a ghoast busters suit.

6.Tye Dyeing is really fun and you can make lots of cool things.

7.Cell phone camaras will not be able to take pics during a show

8.It is always worth waiting if you hate one of the opening bands(s).

9.Gas is cheaper in "real america"

10.Doing one really fun thing can make up for a shitty rest of the weekend.

So Friday was one of the best nights of my life, minus the part where kids think i am sad at school beacause I go to councerts by myself. Im sorry I dont want to see your shitty Fall Out Boy bands pretend to be the next Nirvana, It's really sad that I like good music and have my own taste.

I can honestly say i have never been to a real show before this, the enviroment of live music in generial is exsiting. I felt out of place, most of the people where college kids, but I look older. The first band wasn't really my kind of music, the second band was good. It's funny how exsited I got when he acctuelly got on the stage. It's honestly hard not to look like a 14 year old fan girl...oh shit wait....

The people near me where trying to steal the fig newtons from the guy infront of thems pocket. The people behind me where dressed up like rednecks with McCain Palin shirts. The band dressed up as ghoast busters, that was rather funny. Conor was drinking beer between every song and I was scared he'd be wasted by the end of the show. He might of been, but he still preformed well. My Dad, who was sitting in the back pretending not to know me, said that bands always drink on stage.

It was fucking great.

So then for a total change I spent a saturday night at.....A one year olds birthday party! where my aunt freaked out at me for mentioning politics. It is the week of the election for christs sake. Whats funny is my little cousins are mostly Obama supporters even though their parents are republicans. I'm still a bit upset with one of my cousins for useing my old doll to pick her nose but thats anouther story.My aunt also has a statue of a crying bunny in her yard, thats sad.

This may possibly be the most exicting week of my life, Obama is going to win. McCain whould have to win all the toss up states PLUS some of the Obama states. We will regain out respect in the world wide community, I wish I was allowed to stay up all night and watch it, although we have a half day tomorrow.

No comments: